Kentucky landlords are required to return rents within 30 days of the end of the lease due to unpaid rent or 60 days after termination, in the absence of litigation. (KRS nr. 383.580 (1) – (4)) (KRS nr. 383.580 (6) – (7)) Return (Statut 383,580) – The owner must return the deposit within 60 days of the termination date. If the tenant does not give a transfer address to the landlord during this period, he can keep the money. Lead-Based Paint – A Federal Environment Agency (EPA) law that requires the landlord to inform the tenant of the color inside the property. Only necessary for buildings built before 1958. Letter of termination – Allows a landlord or tenant to terminate his lease from month to month with a period of at least thirty (30) days communicated to the other party. Both landlords and tenants are responsible for renting residential real estate in the state of Kentucky.

Owners should check the full statuses regularly to determine if any changes have been made. Talk to a lawyer about specific legal questions about an owner`s rights and obligations. Check this page and refer to this page if necessary while you work with tenants and rental properties. Bonds must be kept in a separate bank account for security deposits and tenants are informed of the location of the separate account and all relevant account numbers. If a landlord does not provide this information to a tenant, he cannot withhold part of the deposit. A Kentucky lease agreement is a document used for the rental of residential or commercial real estate between an owner, a portion of the space and a tenant to whom the party is trying to occupy for payment. Once the tenant has visited the property, they usually have to complete a rental application to allow the landlord or his representative to view their work, credit and context information. Once the tenant has been approved, a tenancy agreement containing the intentions of both parties should be developed. Subletting contract – For a tenant looking for another person to take care of rooms he rents to a landlord, to move elsewhere or to take over the payment charge.